blogging by paige & yofred on all things music, plus special content directly linked to our radio show

radio show every thursday, 10 am to 1 pm on WERW

stream live here | call us @ 315-443-1278 | aim sn = werw1570

Thursday, April 2

show #7

1:01 pm: No Age is playing Saratoga Springs Friday. I really wish that show was next friday. What if they played the audiocandy party? I COULD DIE HAPPY. I am going to contact their people. Try and work some audiocandy magic. I'll keep you updated.

12:58 pm: We had a massive list of requests, but we got through them. Thanks to the listeners for calling in and making requests! We love hearing from you.

12:04 pm: Help us reach 20 listeners! Hype audiocandy to your friends, on your fb or tweet that: I'm listening to AUDIOCANDY & you should too: http://128.230.242.180:8100/listen.m3u . We're taking requests too! im werw1570 or 315-443-1278!

11:32 am: Brad Orban won the powerhour dvd! He correctly identified four types of white wine: Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Pinot Grigio and Chardonnay! Congrats love & thanks for listening to audiocandy!

11:11 am: We loves games. Who does? Do you know of any great games? I swear by Say Anything, Bananagrams and Betrayal at the House on the Hill (aka "The Haunting" by me)!
Have you played before? If you want to play, I am always looking for people to play with! Let me know!

11:06 am: BREAKING NEWS: YOFRED LIKES POKING HIMSELF ON FACEBOOK.

11:03 am: CONTEST, up for grabs: one-of-a-kind powerhour dvd made by me, a mixture of indie, pop, sports and viral video clips. QUESTION: Name 4 types of white wine. CALL US 315-443-1278. or im werw1570!

10:44 am: We're talking about April fools jokes. The Guardian got a lot of people by saying that it has moved to all tweet coverage. Did you get pranked?

10:33 am: Catherine read the new New York magazine. There's an article about Lady Gaga, chalk full of ridicilous quotes from her.
"The biggest misconception about me is that I am not a real person," she says before her radio spot in a robotic, faux-English monotone. "The assumption is my excentricity is not who I really am, but it is." She leans in the clarify things. "I've lost my mind," she says.
Catherine says the issue is overall great. It features stories about New Yorkers who want to pick up and leave the city.

10:32 am: Apparently I am not alone in my sticky situation with people mistaking acting for real romantic feelings.

10:04 am: Starting the day with some Dent May ("Meet me in the garden"). He played in Ithaca about two weeks ago, during our spring break. Anyone go to the show? Comment to let me know what it was like/his crowd/vibe.

10:00 am: Good morning audiocandy lovers! Today it is predicted to be 65 and sunny in Syracuse, perfect quad weather. You know where to find me after our program.

Yof went to NYC to see the Daily Show yesterday. I have yet to talk to him, so I am excited to hear how the show went and who was Jon Stewart's guest.

I slacked a little during show #6 and barely blogged, but I hope to keep up with it today for all our fans that are stuck in class or work.

Catherine will be stopping by to share some witty/outrageous/delightful conversation with me and Yof. As always, audiocandy loves friends and pop-ins. I'm sure Zach, Rah, Sam and maybe Katie will stop by. We'll have to wait and see!

So head to the quad with your laptop, grab a cup of joe and set-up shop on the grass with your volume max-ed out: GET YOUR FIX OF AUDIOCANDY! (keep your cell close to request songs, participate in games and win sick prizes!-- 315.443.1278)

No comments:

Post a Comment